Sunday 19 June 2016

My Alex


I've just got to get this started first and finished before I can do anything else on the blog it's not easy to say or write but I'm hoping that writing it down and sharing will help me to come to terms with it.
I'm just going to say it on 14 February I had a phone call from the police to say that they found my son and I had to go and identify him.
I was praying and praying it wasn't him but when I was taken to see him I could deny it no longer. I don't think I have really faced up to the fact that he has gone or want to as it hits me and just overwhelms me where ever I may be unless that is just how it is when you lose someone so close to you. No idea how to recover from something like this!
He had been 4 years from the age of 18 at university then 1year working at the Quay and living in Exeter at a house share.  Then his friend offered him a job with an American company working US hours and he made his own limited company. He moved into his own flat as living and working in the same room was not ideal.

We were always in communication even if just by Skype or text so when we hadn't hear from him in about 5 days we were worried. We went over to his flat to see him as soon as we could. When we couldn't find him we contacted his friends who were worried too and reported him missing to the police. He did such a lot in his short life and I will always be proud of him. Well that's me now just got to well, be or find the new me.  Please share your experiences if u feel up to it. It helps to know I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding
He won 2nd prize and it has been sent of to the happy couple. Very proud and he made a gorgeous card. I thought it was the best.