Tuesday 3 May 2011

Hello Kitty Card I go all pink and girly!!!

Well I have a chance of doing a girly card, which is not that often with two boys myself and mostly boys in the family so I take every chance I get.  It is a friend of my son and she is a fan of Hello Kitty and as I have both Cricut cartridges I thought its got to be done.

I used A4 paper folded in half for the card base from The Paper Mill shop,
Lovely yellow and pink flowered paper from DCWV "The Glitter Sweet Stack" with pink matted on top then I wrapped a spotty pink ribbon from Create and Craft round it, just gluing down the ends and tied another piece at the top as shown to make it look like a bow, I centred Little Kitty on the pink matt and made the Happy birthday image from page 38 using black base, light blue and dark blue from Papermania cut at 3 inches (7.6cm)



I am using the images from Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge from page 34.  All sizes were done at 5.5 inches, (14cm).  The first image was the main one cut in black, this has all the score lines on and it helps with the placing of the other cuts.



Then press the white&fur/bow&nose button and cut in white


Then its the same button again but press the shift and cut in pink


and lastly press the Clothes/Clothes button for the bear, I used cream.


They all fit together using the black base I put them all in place as follows:-

  



I also did a few variations and some decoupage.  Once I started I couldnt stop!!  They all came out so cute, this is the first time I have really understood how to layer them so I just wanted to share it.  Hope you all understood.  



I also did a strawberry inside my card and used one of the Papermania springs to get it to bounce.  
This was all cut at 3inches (7.6cm) using the relative size button.  Black base is the main button then clothes/clothes button using red for the berry and same button with shift for the green stalk.  Put all together on the base using the score lines for spacing.








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding
He won 2nd prize and it has been sent of to the happy couple. Very proud and he made a gorgeous card. I thought it was the best.