Friday 13 July 2012

Layout using Heidi Swapps papers and file.

Hi I bought some Heidi Swapp colour magic paper and files quite a while ago and now am ready to make something from them.  I can't keep them just to look at can I?  Well taking on board Heidi's style I made a file of a visit to 2010 to the Liverpool Art Biennial with my Ceramics class.

First off using my Color Box classic pigment cats eyes ink pads I coloured the file folder and pages to co-ordinate, which was great fun, I used bright colours.









Then I cut up a paper bag that I had with my purchases from Tate, Liverpool and used it as a double page, and an acetate page which is always handy if you dont want to lose the details of leaflets and means you can stick them in and see both sides.








I folded a scrapbook page protector up so that one side was roughly A4, and used a couple of the colour magic pages folded up differently so they indented down and sewed them all together.  I have Heidi to thank for getting me to use my sewing machine which was bought so that my Mum could make or mend stuff when ever she visited me.  LOL.  I've had it over 10 years so its probably about time I used it for myself.  Just dont tell Mum I am using it for paper.




I made a photo stack as we haven't got the real ones over here yet and put photos and postcards in of the places we visited and art work we saw.  I tucked tickets for the Tate exhibition and The Beatles story Museum in the smaller part of the page protector and in the bigger side I put a map and Itinerary of our weekend.  I even stapled the serviette from the Restaurant where we had our group meal.






I managed to get loads of leaflets and the programme of the Event on other pages along with more photo's, about 10.
I  put the bag from The Beatles Story Museum in as well.





We spent the night before boogieing to the Faux Beatles in the new Cavern club.  Good times!!  It is a good replica of what the club looked like.



Thing with me is I dont throw away anything and this is perfect way to get everything in a file together instead of bits here there and every where.  This is a substantial file but it easily just folds up and fits into my file storage box.  I also love that it is an A4 size and so its easier to keep on a shelf somewhere.  All in all a great reminder of a lovely trip.   Thanks for looking and I really appreciate your comments.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding
He won 2nd prize and it has been sent of to the happy couple. Very proud and he made a gorgeous card. I thought it was the best.