Friday 24 August 2012

Heidi Swapp Color Magic Live Class 2

Well this is the 2nd class of the Color Magic Live online class and it was to make one of Heidi Swapp's Memory Files.

As I am not that into black I changed the main folder colour to Broken China Distress Stain from Tim Holtz and the inside folder I coloured Antique Linen, highlighting them with some Mica powders which gave it a lovely shimmer.  

I also swapped the folders over and had the Chevron folder as the main folder/ 
Heidi also taught us how to put a mini album together and sticking it inside the chevron folder so that there is loads of space to put photo's and memorabilia.  Instead of sticking the pages together as I was loathe to lose the pretty sides of the double sided papers I used my sewing machine and sewed them together apart from the first one which was glued down as Heidi instructed.  Then I just glued the rest onto the first page.. 

I love the photo captions with the large titles attached to a large shape.

I also added some acetate pages as in my previous folder.   I have found these so useful when you have a leaflet or something similar that is double sided and you  want to show off both sides.  

Not sure what I will be using this file for yet but can't wait to fill it up with photo's.  Thank you Heidi for yet another fabulous class.  Can't wait till Saturday for the next one. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding
He won 2nd prize and it has been sent of to the happy couple. Very proud and he made a gorgeous card. I thought it was the best.