Wednesday 8 May 2013

Ceramic Update

Coming up is the pinnacle of the Ceramics course I have been doing.  It is a final year exhibition for all the Ceramics, Fine Art and Illustration students finishing this year at Petroc Brannams Campus, Barnstaple.

I have really enjoyed getting to grips with the wheel and although it has been a high learning curve I am now making some nice pots.  The curves and dimples I push into the clay came about when I accidentally dropped a pot on the floor and found the shape was rather nice.

So now I have developed it further deliberately shaping them with ergonomics in mind for comfort of holding a pot and ease of use.





 The patterns are all made using stencils I have designed and cut using either a Cricut or Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. 

I am really please with these platters as I have found it to be one of the harder shapes to do on a wheel.  I hope you like my pots too. 

I hope all that are in the Barnstaple, Devon,, UK area can get to see the exhibition.  All the students have worked very hard over a 2 or 4 year period.   This is the link to the exhibition  Eye Hand Heart Facebook page.  Thanks for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding

My Sons card for the Royal Wedding
He won 2nd prize and it has been sent of to the happy couple. Very proud and he made a gorgeous card. I thought it was the best.